Warehouse Workers United
Posted March 11, 2013
Warehouse Workers United is hiring organizers in Southern California’s Inland Empire, just east of Los Angeles. Our team is committed to holding the world’s largest retailer, Walmart, responsible for improving low quality jobs, poor working conditions and ending retaliation that is too common in the warehousing industry. We are looking for organizers to help transform warehousing jobs and help workers win decent, safe and permanent jobs.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identifying, recruiting and developing worker leaders
• Leading worker committees
• Planning and carrying out actions
• Working with community and political allies and empowering worker leaders in these capacities
• Developing and carrying out campaign workplans
• Effectively communicating with workers through one on one conversations and meetings
• 3 or more years experience as a union organizer
• Bilingual (Spanish speaker)
• Ability to identify, inspire, motivate and develop worker leaders
• Commitment to social justice
• Ability to effectively plan and implement work and manage time as part of a team and
• Ability to work long and irregular hours
• Car, driver’s license and car insurance
Competitive salary; excellent comprehensive health benefits, 401(k) and leave policy.
Women and people of color are strongly urged to apply. Warehouse Workers United, a campaign sponsored by Change to Win, does not discriminate in any of its programs, procedures or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
HOW TO APPLY
Email résumé and cover letter to Guadalupe.email@example.com